It has been a warm start of the year.
- record temperatures – temperatures that are higher or lower than temperatures have ever been at this time of year
- to thaw – to stop being frozen
- spring – the season between winter and summer, when plants and trees begin to grow
- short-lived – lasting for a short time
- to plunge – to fall or drop suddenly
- chilly – cold
- unprecedented – like never before
- outdoors – not inside your home or any building
- 1 January 2022 was the warmest New Year’s Day since….
- Why did the ice rink in London close?
- The reporter asks people: “What month of the year does this feel like?”
What do they answer? Give 2 examples.
- Will the weather stay this warm?
- It is warm in other countries as well. Which countries are mentioned in the video? Name three.