The sky at night seems to be changing.
- A glow is a soft, steady light. Like the glow of a lamp or the glow of the moon.
- If you say that something is disappearing, you mean that you can no longer see it.
- A reminder is something that helps you to think of something.
- Something that is wasteful uses too much of something valuable, such as energy, money, or time.
- If something affects animals, it has an effect or influence on animals. The animals will start to behave differently.
1. What causes light pollution?
a Satellites that look at earth from space.
b The beautiful glow you can see.
c The world going out and seeing stars at night.
d Things like street lights and advertising.
2. How has the sky been changing in the last 10 years?
a It has become 10 percent brighter each year.
b It has become 10 percent brighter than 10 years ago.
c It has lost 10 percent of its stars and planets.
d It has not changed at all.
3. What is the effect of light pollution?
a It can affect our health and how we sleep.
b It could keep stars shining bright in the sky.
c People will start going out more at night.
d Researchers around the world can count more stars.
Om de antwoorden te kunnen zien, moet je zijn ingelogd. Heb je nog geen account? Meld je dan nu aan! Het is GRATIS.