It is easy to feel powerless when we see what is happening in Ukraine. Many people are helping, for example by raising funds.
- fund-raising – activity done to collect money (for a charity, school, political party, etc.)
- halfway through – here: already we have collected half of the money we hope to collect
- to pledge to donate – to promise that you will give money, time, etc.
- to show solidarity – to show that you support (the ideas of) other people
- charities – organizations that help people who desperately need help
- acts of compassion – things people do to show their feeling of pity and sympathy for others
- How much money have Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis already raised?
a 30 thousand dollar.
b 3 million dollar.
c 15 million dollar.
d 30 million dollar.
- What does Dolly Parton want us to send to the people in Ukraine?
b Love and hope.
c Millions of dollars.
d Music awards.
- What did Gigi Hadid pledge to donate?
a 3 million dollar.
b Acts of compassion.
c Her dress.
d Her earnings.