- Permanent sea ice found in the Arctic and Antarctic is called polar ice.
- When ice melts it changes to water.
- When you run a faucet, you turn it on so that water will start to flow.
- A drain is an opening in the bathtub or sink that leads to a pipe.
- If you monitor something, you regularly check on it to see what is happening or how it is changing.
- Sea level rise means that the average level of the seas across the globe is becoming higher.
- How does NASA check the state of polar ice?
a By opening up the drain and letting water out.
b With satellite lasers in space.
c With space monitors that measure the thickness.
d With special bathtubs on Antarctica and Greenland.
- What is the most important cause that sea levels are rising?
a Melting polar ice.
b Snow falling over the ice sheet
c The thickness of the ice through time
d Thinning ice sheets.
- So is polar ice melting?
c Nobody knows.
d It doesn’t say.
Om de antwoorden te kunnen zien, moet je zijn ingelogd. Heb je nog geen account? Meld je dan nu aan! Het is GRATIS.