The Queen is dead. Long live the King.
- Clues are bits of information that help you find something or understand something.
- An adult is a fully grown person. Someone who is no longer a child.
- The person next in line to the throne will become king or queen when the present king or queen dies.
- A devoted father is a father who loves his children very much.
- Westminster Abbey is a very famous and important church in London.
- If you say that something hasn’t all been plain sailing you mean that it was not very easy.
- Banknotes are pieces of paper money.
- Stamps are small pieces of paper that you buy and then stick on an envelope or package. This is to pay the cost of mailing it.
- The initials are the first letters of names. Example: The initialsD.R. stood for “Franklin Delano Roosevelt.”
- Your interests are the things that you enjoy doing, like your hobbies.
- What happened first? What happened next? Put the events in the correct order.
a Charles and Diana divorce.
b Charles becomes Prince of Wales.
c Charles is born at Buckingham Palace.
d Charles marries Camilla.
e Charles marries Lady Diana Spencer.
f Harry marries Meghan.
g Prince Harry is born.
h Prince William is born.
i Princess Diana dies in a car crash.
j William marries Catherine.
- Charles III is the new king. Select the things that will change in the United Kingdom.
a Banknotes will show the image of King Charles III.
b Charles’ life will become more difficult.
c King Charles will divorce Camilla.
d New post boxes will have the letters “CR” on them.
e Prince Harry will become the new Prince of Wales.
f Stamps will show the image of King Charles III.
- “We do know about some of Charles’ interests.” What are some of the new king’s interests?
a Being a father and finally becoming king.
b Collecting stamps and banknotes.
c Sailing and visiting Westminster Abbey.
d The environment and climate change.