An old song that is suddenly popular again and other news.
- The number one song is the song that is the most listened to at that time.
- A track is one of the songs or pieces of music on a recording.
- If a song tops the charts it is at the top of the lists of the bestselling pop singles.
- If a song is smashing records it is more popular, more listened to, etc. than any other song.
- Something that is launched into the spotlights is suddenly getting attention by many people.
- Aboriginal means belonging to one of the tribes that lived in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- An iconic bridge is an important or impressive bridge that is like a symbol of something.
For question 1, watch the video up to 1.55.
- Which two news stories are in the first 1:55 minutes of the video?
a Guardians of the Galaxy and Stranger Things.
b Kate Bush and the flags on Sydney Harbour Bridge.
c ‘Running up that Hill’ and Netflix.
d ‘Stranger Things’ and Kate Bush.
For questions 2 and 3, watch the video up to 1.38.
- When did the song ‘Running up that Hill’ by Kate Bush first come out?
- How did Kate Bush and ‘Running up that Hill’ go even more viral?
a With ‘Dreams’ by Fleetwood Mac.
b With 2 million videos on TikTok.
c With Guardians of the Galaxy.
d With her record for youngest woman to top the UK charts.