Iman Vellani and Rish Sha are two actors in the new Ms Marvel series. Maryam and Nabeeha got a chance to interview them.
- When you say something is awkward you mean that it makes you feel uneasy or uncomfortable.
- If you fancy someone you really like this person a lot and you feel attracted to them.
- The cast of a play or film is all the people who act in it.
- An episode of a series on radio or television is one of the separate parts in which the series is shown.
- The film industry is all the companies, studios, people etc. involved in making commercial films.
- You can say a person in a film or story is a relatable character when you feel an emotional connection with them.
- How many episodes of Ms Marvel have Maryam and Nabeeha watched?
- How does it feel for Iman to play the first female Muslim Marvel superhero on screen?
- Iman says that her after she “picked up the Ms Marvel comics her entire world just changed.” How did her world change?
a She convinced her parents to let her take acting lessons and become an actress.
b She discovered that she had special powers and was a real superhero.
c She realized that a Muslim girl like herself could be a tv star too.
d She suddenly started reading all the Marvel comics she could find.
Write down two or more questions you would ask Iman and/or Rish.
Extra reading assignment
To find out more about Ms Marvel you can do the special Ms Marvel reading assignment.