2020 has been a strange year for everyone. In a Happiness Survey, kids are asked what’s important to them and how they’re feeling.
- survey – an examination of opinions, behaviour, etc., made by asking people questions
- COVID-19 – Coronavirus disease 2019 (the disease caused by the coronavirus that started to pop up in 2019)
- to be worried – to feel fear because you think something bad could happen
- mental health – the condition of someone’s mind
- massive outbreak – sudden and very large increase of number of sick people
- grandparents – parents of your father or mother
- to distract – to cause you to stop paying attention to one thing and keep thinking about something else instead
- front lawn – garden in front of your house
- How many kids have been worried about the coronavirus lots of time?
- Which things have become harder because of COVID-19? Name two.
- What is stopping many kids from getting enough sleep?
- Name two or more things kids worry about a lot of the time.
- What should you alway do when you worry or feel sad or angry?
Write the answers down or discuss them in class:
- What do you worry about?
- What makes you happy?