It is an early, warm spring. You may have already spotted some bees. Bees can be found in many different countries.
Read the following words and phrases and their definitions.
- massive – very large in number or size
- (bee) combs – a group of wax cells with six sides that are built by bees; the bees keep young bees or honey in these cells
- hornet – a very large wasp
- to be under attack – to be attacked
- predator – an animal that lives by killing and eating other animals
- to intercept – to stop and take something that is going from one place to another place before that thing gets there
- foraging – searching for food
- to strike – to attack suddenly
First read the assignment. Next watch the video. Take notes to help you do the assignment.
1. Fill in the missing number:
Each of these massive combs can contain ……….. wild bees.
2. Can hornets catch the bees easily?
3. How many bees are on the cliff in the video clip?