- A time limit is a fixed amount of time, after which something stops.
- Something that is addictive is so enjoyable that it makes you want to do it or have it a lot.
- What do you reckon? is another way of saying: What do you think?
- A passcode is a combination of numbers. You must enter it for example to use a phone or a computer or to start using an app or other software.
- A reminder is something that helps you to remember something or to think about something.
Watch the first news item (up to 1:58).
1. True or false?
a The new TikTok time limits are for kids under 18.
b Most TikTok users are under 18.
c TikTok users spend around 90 minutes on the app every day.
d With the new time limit, TikTok is banned after 60 minutes.
e In Australia, all kids are on TikTok.
2. What do you have to do to keep using TikTok after 60 minutes?
a Ask your parents for help.
b Enter a passcode.
c Hit the limit.
d Just stay in the scroll.
3. Why is spending too much time online not good for you?
a It can cause you to forget all the other things you have to do.
b It can get you addicted to videos.
c It can make it difficult for you to make decisions.
d It can make you bad at connecting to people in real life.
Extra speaking assignment: What do you reckon?
1. Discuss TikTok’s time limit with your classmates.
– Who of you is using TikTok?
– How much time do you spend on TikTok?
– Is the new time limit a good idea? Will it work?
Om de antwoorden te kunnen zien, moet je zijn ingelogd. Heb je nog geen account? Meld je dan nu aan! Het is GRATIS.