COP27 is an international meeting on climate. It will take place from 6 to 18 November.
How are things with the climate? How’s the weather holding up in the world?
- Global warming is the slow rise of the world’s temperature.
- When a season is drier it does not rain much or not at all.
- Countries with limited fresh water do not have very much fresh water.
- Crops are plants that are grown by farmers for food.
- A government grant is money that a government gives to people or an organization for a particular purpose.
- Something is vulnerable when it is without protection. It can easily be damaged.
- Injustice is a situation in which things are not fair.
- It is going to rain. How does Peggy feel about this weather?
a It is bad news.
b It is great news.
c She doesn’t say.
d She is unhappy about it.
- How is the weather in Zambia?
a The rainy season is becoming drier.
b The video doesn’t say.
c The weather is nice and warm because of global warming.
d Water levels are rising because of the rain.
- “The countries that have contributed the least to climate crisis are now the ones most vulnerable to it.” What does this mean?
a Because of the climate crisis, people in some countries flee their homes. But they travel over the world and make climate change worse.
b Farmers in Brazil destroy their crops with fire. They are angry because they don’t get the same government grants as farmers in Bangladesh.
c Some countries do a lot of things to make the climate crisis worse. But other countries have to deal with things such as rising sea levels, fires and bad crops.
d Some people in rich countries take advantage of climate change. They fly to poor countries like Zambia and Bangladesh for a cheap holiday in warm weather.
Om de antwoorden te kunnen zien, moet je zijn ingelogd. Heb je nog geen account? Meld je dan nu aan! Het is GRATIS.