- A drought is a long period of time during which no rain falls.
- If something happens with a vengeance, it happens with great force and has a huge impact.
- Creeks are small streams or rivers.
- If something is bone dry, it is very very dry.
- Rock boulders are very large and rounded pieces of stone.
- The super wealthy are the people that are extremely rich.
- If someone issues a warning they make a public statement to tell people of a danger.
- Which natural disasters usually happen in California?
c Rock mountains
- How many people have died so far?
a 5 young boys
b 10 people and 1 dog
c At least 16
d It is unknown
- “The worst may yet be to come.” What does this mean?
a All is not so great now, but the situation is not expected to get worse.
b Even more rain and storms are expected later this year, in May.
c The situation is bad now, but it could get even worse in the future.
d Things are not good in California, but it is far worse in other parts of the world.
Om de antwoorden te kunnen zien, moet je zijn ingelogd. Heb je nog geen account? Meld je dan nu aan! Het is GRATIS.