On January 31, Britain will officially leave the EU. Some want to mark the moment with the ringing of Big Ben.
- to chime – (of bells) to make a clear ringing sound
- scaffolding – a structure of metal poles and wooden boards put against a building for workers to stand on when they want to reach the higher parts of the building
- Armistice Day – the day of 11 November on which Britain and other countries remember World War I and honour people who lost lives in war
- to schedule – to plan (something) at a certain time
- departure – the act of leaving somewhere, of going away
- mechanism – a part of a machine or several parts that make it work
- For how long has the Big Ben been silent?
- On which 2 occasions can the Big Ben still be heard?
- At what time do pro-Brexit people want to ring in Brexit?
- Will London’s Big Ben chime for Brexit on 31 January?
- Will London’s Big Ben one day chime again?