Christmas is coming, sooner than you think. Some people are already out there buying their Christmas trees.
- tree farm – a place where trees are grown and sold
- to pay off – If something you have done pays off, it is successful.
- fir / fir tree – a tall evergreen tree
- criteria – things that are used as a reason for deciding something or choosing something
- supply – the amount of something that is available to be used
- supply is down – there is less supply
- shortage – a state in which there is not enough of something
- due to – because of
- decade – ten years
- supply is tighter – there is less supply
- increase – the amount by which something is becoming larger or greater
- artificial – not natural, but made to look like something natural
- Yes or no: do they sell one kind of Christmas trees at Trinity Tree Farm?
- Name one reason why there is a tree shortage this year.
- How long does a fir tree have to grow before it can be sold?
- Which trees are more popular today: real trees or artificial trees?