COVID-19 vaccines are rolled out, but the coronavirus is still very active. Countries have to take difficult measures.
- the UK strain – a new variant of the coronavirus, first found in the UK (de ‘Britse variant’ van het coronavirus)
- highly infectious – capable of being easily spread to others (besmettelijk)
- stop the spread – stop the coronavirus infection from infecting more and more people
- contagious – highly infectious
- strong recommendations – strong advice
- council area ~ gemeente
- For which country is Annastacia Palaszczuk announcing a new lockdown?
- The UK strain is highly infectious. How much more infectious is it?
- Annastacia Palaszczuk is announcing a lockdown. A lockdown for how long?
- How many council areas will be in lockdown?
- When will the lockdown end?