Every year, March 22 is celebrated as “World Water Day”. What do you know about water?
- a limited resource – a resource of which there is not a lot (beperkte hulpbron)
- tap – kraan
- globally – across the whole world
- infrastructure – all the things that make modern life possible, such as roads and railways and bridges and tunnels and networks and airports, etc.
- surface – the top part of land or water
- lawn – an area of land that is covered with short grass
- water treatment plant – a place where water is cleaned so it is safe to drink etc.
- to reuse – to use again
- What is the name for water that is easy to get to?
- Where is most fresh water?
- Complete the missing numbers:
a ….. in every ….. people in the world lack access to clean water.
b ….. % of all the water on the whole earth is stored as salt water in the worlds oceans.
c Only ….. % of the total water on earth is fresh water.
d Surface water only makes up ….. % of the fresh water on earth.
e Every minute in the shower is about ….. litres of water.
- Jayden names a couple of ways to save water. Write down three or more things he names.
- Which tip to save water can you use yourself?