Meet one of the athletes for the next summer Olympic games.
- an individual sport – not a team sport
- equipment – things which are used for a special purpose
- to participate (in a sport) – to take part (in a sport)
- excited – very enthusiastic about something
- to start out – to begin
- to kick – to hit something or someone with your foot
- to punch – to hit something or someone with your fist
- drive – strong wish and energy to do something
- Is Haya’s sport one of the new Olympic sports?
- What sport does Haya play?
- How did Haya start in her sport?
- Which two medals has Haya already won?
- What advice does Haya have for kids who practice her sport?
Extra speaking assignment
- Work with a classmate.
- One of you picks a favourite sport. Don’t say it out loud!
- The other one starts asking questions to find out which sport. (Watch the video again for inspiration.)
- Have fun!