Romeo Cox lives in Italy. His grandmother lives in the UK. Because of the coronavirus, Romeo couldn’t take a plane to go visit his grandmother. So he hatched up a different plan.
- to hatch up a plan – to think of a plan
- reunion – the moment when people get together again after they have been apart
- to convince– to cause someone to agree to something
- they caved – they gave in; they were no longer against (the plan)
- donkey – an animal that is like a small horse with large ears
- medieval – of the Middle Ages; like in the Middle Ages
- to go on strike – to stop work in protest; to refuse to work anymore
- hug – when you put your arms around someone as a way of showing love or friendship
- gentle – not hard or violent
- Name the city or region where Romeo’s trip started and the one where it ended.
- How did Romeo and his dad travel? Name 2 or more ways.
- How many kilometers in total did Romeo travel?
- Through which countries did Romeo and his dad travel?
- When did Romeo move to Italy?
- How did Romeo learn Italian?
- Romeo and his dad also raised money with their trip. For whom?
(Bron afbeelding: Shutterstock/Julia Kuznetsova)