It’s that time of the year again: The clocks have been turned backwards for winter time. Is this a thing we’ll keep doing forever?
- a saying – a sentence that people often say and that gives advice or information about human life and experience
- leaflet – a piece of paper with information about a particular subject
- to adopt a plan or idea – to begin to use a plan or idea
- to be less productive – to do less
- early risers – people who get out of bed early
- traffic collisions – traffic accident, car crash
- marginal – very small in effect
- opponents – people who are against something
- DST – Daylight Saving Time (zomertijd)
- to be in the dark – to not know anything about something
- Complete the saying: Spring …… … spring, fall ….. … …..
Explain what it means.
- Which two countries were first to introduce daylight saving time? In what year was that?
- How many countries worldwide have some form of daylight saving time?
- Name two arguments for and two against daylight saving time.
- Will we keep changing the clocks forever?