More shortages in the UK. It is because of problems in supply chains. What are supply chains?
- supply chain toeleveringsketen
- If there is a shortage of something, there is not enough of it.
- sweets small sweet things such as toffees, chocolates, and mints
- ingredients the things that are used to make something
- warehouse a large building where goods are stored
- lorry drivers drivers of big trucks that transport stuff
- What kind of shortages are there in the UK? Name at least two examples.
- Put the supply chain steps in the correct order:
a Lorry drivers collect packages and deliver them to the shops.
b Shops put the products on their shelves.
c The ingredients for sweets are shipped to factories.
d The sweets are send to warehouses ready to be shipped across the county.
e Workers make and package up the sweets.
f You can buy the sweets in the shops.
- What has caused the recent problems?