Students share their experience of learning during the pandemic.
- half-term – in the UK, a short holiday in the middle of each of the three periods into which the school year is divided
- to self-isolate – to not leave your home and to stay away from other people when you have, or may have, an infectious disease like Covid-19
- gutted – very disappointed
- one-on-one teaching – the situation when you are together with your teacher and your teacher talks directly to you and teaches you stuff
- GCSEs – exams students aged about 16 take for their General Certificate of Secondary Education (soort VMBO-T diploma)
- unfair – not fair; not treating a group of people all in the same way
- normal circumstances – normal situation
- big spike – a sudden, rapid increase in something
- Lots of students had to stay home because they were self-isolating or infected. How many at the most?
- How did Lewin feel when he had to self-isolate?
- Finish the sentence: “It just means that I’ve got to work twice as hard …
- Finish the sentence: “There’s a lot of not knowing at the moment …
- What is especially hard for school students?