Shala and Oliver are Philippine divers. They could not dive for a while because of the pandemic. Now they went back to their dive site.
- PPE mask – a piece of material to cover and protect your face
- turtle – schildpad
- big marine life – big creatures that live in the ocean
- algae – plants and plant-like organisms that grow in water
- rubbish – garbage; things that are thrown away
- tarpaulin – a large sheet of strong, flexible, water-resistant or waterproof material
- landfill – an area where waste is buried under the ground
- to nurture – to feed and protect
- disposable – made to be thrown away after use
- washable – suitable for being washed
- reusable – capable of being used again (and again and again and…)
- the tip of the iceberg – a small part of something (such as a problem) that can be seen, but then there is also a much larger part that is not seen
- to dispose – to get rid of, to throw away
- Shala and Oliver saw lots of rubbish in the water. Was it more or less than usual?
- What kind of rubbish did they see? Name at least 2 different items.
- What naturally lives in the water where Shala and Oliver dive? Give at least 2 examples.
- What solution does Shala give for the rubbish problem?