Now that the warmer weather is here, we’re a lot more active outside. We are not the only animals enjoying the outdoors. Meet the tick:
Read the following words and phrases and their definitions.
- prime time – a good time for doing something or being somewhere
- undergrowth – plants, bushes, and small trees growing under larger trees in a forest
- nasty diseases – bad sicknesses
- insect repellent – something like a lotion or spray that is used to keep insects away
- DEET – a chemical that is used to keep insects away from people and animals
- flu-like symptoms – symptoms that are similar to when you have the flu (like fever, weakness, body aches, and breathing problems)
- rash – a group of red spots on the skin that is caused by an illness or a reaction to something
- GP – family docter (GP is short for general practitioner)
1. Where in nature are most ticks found?
2. What do ticks eat?
3. Name three things you can do to fight ticks.
4. What should you do when a tick bites you?