- cherry blossom – the flower of the cherry tree (kersenboom)
- scenery – nice view of nature
- harsh winter – winter with very cold and unpleasant weather
- branch – a part of a tree that grows out from the trunk
- peak bloom – the period when most flowers are open
- gifted – given as a present
- to pollinate – to give a plant pollen (stuifmeel) from another plant of the same kind so that seeds will be produced
- What is the date of blossom day for South Korea this year?
- Why did the cherry trees bloom quicker this year?
- Kim Do-yeon names three places where cherry trees are blossoming. Which three?
- Where did the cherry blossoms in Washington DC come from?
- How could an early bloom of cherry blossoms hurt the ecosystem?