This year, the world will gather in Glasgow for the United Nations Climate Change Conference. David Attenborough looks ahead.
- indoors – inside (your home or any building)
- challenging – difficult, but not impossible
- there is no limit to what we can accomplish – there is no end to what we can get done
- environmental change – the changing of the air, water, and land in or on which all live
- urgent – very important
- crucial – very, very important
- creatures – all sorts of animals
- proudly – with a happy and pleased feeling
- to make a difference –to do something that helps people or makes the world a better place
- inhabitants – people or animals that live in a particular place
- What happens when we work together?
- David Attenborough says that 2021 “could be a year for positive change”. A change for whom?
- What is David Attenborough’s wish for 2021?
Extra Speaking or Writing Assignment
At 01:22, David Attenborough says:
“… let’s think about what each of us can do. What positive changes can we make in our own lives?”
- Think of two or more positive changes you can make in your life.
- Write them down or discuss your ideas in class.