Caitlin Henderson is a zookeeper at the Queensland Museum in Australia. Then the museum had to close its doors because of the coronovirus pandemic. Caitlin had to find a way to take care of the animals she loves.
- housemates – people who live in the same house with other people, but are not family
- not thrilled – not very happy
- attributes – qualities or features that someone or something has
- quite a variety – a large number of different things
- hairy – covered with a lot of hair
- adorable – very cute, attractive, nice, lovable
- forward-facing eyes – with eyes in front of the face that look straight ahead
- venom – a liquid that can make people or animals sick or kill them
- gross – very disgusting, awful
1. Where does Caitlin keep the spiders?
2. How many spiders does Caitlin have in her house?
3. Listen carefully from 01:11.
Connect the spiders in column 1 to the correct attributes in column 2.
|b. giant eyes|
|huntsman spiders||c. very fast|
|d. very hairy|
|jumping spiders||e. very heavy|
|f. very large|
4. Are any of the spiders dangerous?
5. How did Caitlin fall in love with spiders?