Summer time, swim time? Just watch out for a snotty sea!
- marine mucilage – a thick, gluey substance also called “sea snot”
- pollution – damage caused to water, air, or land by waste, chemicals, and other harmful stuff
- to suck – to remove something by pulling it with the force of moving water, air, etc.
- to suffocate – to die because you are unable to breathe
- oxygen – zuurstof
- the gills of fish– the body parts that fish use for breathing
- to impact – to have a strong effect on something
- Where is the sea snot problem?
- Name the two main causes for the sea snot.
- Name two or more of the things that feel the effects of sea snot.