The world around us is changing in many ways.
- benefit – good or helpful effect
- crystal clear – perfectly clear, so that you can see through completely
- Venice’s lagoons – the canals in Venice, Italy
- sediment – material such as stones and sand that is carried into water by water, wind, etc.
- to settle – to sink down slowly and stay at the bottom
- to reap rewards – to get the good effects of an action or event
- relief – the situation in which some stress, danger, harm, etc. is no longer present
- pollution levels – the amount of damage caused to water, air, or land by waste, chemicals, etc.
- fragile – very delicate; not strong
- to plummet – to fall very quickly and suddenly
- What has happened in Venice?
- Complete the words of Josef Aschbacher:
“Our planet is ….., but also extremely …..”
- What other element has changed for the better?
- Can these changes only be seen in Italy?
Water is one of the four classical elements.
Name the other three classical elements.
Wash your hands.