Emma Raducanu is a tennis sensation. At only 18 years old, she won the 2021 US Open.
- park courts – special sports fields in parks where people can play tennis
- to compete against each other – to try to be better at something than someone else
- to beat someone – to be better than someone else and win a game of sports etc.
- to use something to your advantage – to use something in a way that is helpful to you
- rusty – not as good as usual because you have not practiced something for a long time
- a little bit apprehensive – a little bit anxious or unsure
- hidden gems – something that is really beautiful or special, but not very well-known
- expensive – costing a lot of money
- If you put all their eggs in one basket, you put all their effort into doing one thing so that. But if it fails, you have no alternatives left
- bored – tired of things, impatient because you have nothing to do
- At what age did Emma Raducanu start playing tennis?
- Who was Emma’s first tennis inspiration?
- Emma can go on tennis tour again. What is she most looking forward to?
- Emma plays tennis, but she also keeps her mind activated in other ways. Why is this important?