World Bee Day is in May. It was set up by the UN four years ago to celebrate the important role of bees in the ecosystem.
- responsibility – a duty or task that you are required or expected to do
- crop – a plant that is grown by farmers
- lunch period – the time in the middle of the day when people at school have no lessons and can have lunch
- collapse – a complete failure or breakdown
- pollination – when pollen (stuifmeel) is moved from one plant to another plant of the same kind so that seeds will be produced
- honeycombs – groups of wax cells with six sides where honeybees keep their honey
- honey – a sweet sticky substance made by bees
- scared – frightened
- afraid – frightened
- Where do the students keep bees?
- How many bees are the students at this school keeping?
- Why are the students keeping bees?
- Name one thing the students do when they take care of the bees.
- Finish the sentence:
Basically, if you don’t mess with them, then ……………………………………..