Billie Eilish has told that she has Tourette Syndrome. She was interviewed by David Letterman.
- A revelation is a surprising or interesting new fact.
- A neurological disorder is a problem or illness related to your nervous system.
- A twitch is a sudden, sharp movement.
- If someone jerked they suddenly made a sharp, quick motion.
- If someone has a tic, a part of their face or body keeps making small uncontrollable movements, for example because they have a nervous illness.
- If you wiggle something, it moves up and down or from side to side in small quick movements
- If you flex your muscles or parts of your body, you bend, move, or stretch them for a short time.
- If something is exhausting it it makes you very tired, either physically or mentally.
- Why did Billie and David start talking about Tourette Syndrome?
a Because they were talking about health stuff.
b Billie had a sudden tic during the interview.
c David asked Billie directly if she had any disorders.
d It just happened, there was no special reason.
- When did Billie learn that she suffers from Tourette Syndrome?
a During the Covid pandemic.
b Just before the interview.
c She was never officially diagnosed.
d When she was 11.
- Which tics does Billie mention? Choose all the correct items.
a Blinking with her eyes.
b Clicking her jaw.
c Flexing her arm muscles.
d Raising her eyebrow.
f Wiggling her ear back and forth.
g Wiggling her feet up and down.