- a spectacle – a strange or interesting thing to see
- volcanic – coming from or created by a volcano
- eruption – the event when a volcano explodes, and flames and rocks come out of it
- to make a day trip – to visit a place for a day to see stuff and have a good time
- a fry-up – a meal consisting of different foods such as sausages, bacon, and eggs that have been fried
- to pose a danger – to be dangerous
- a crater vent – an opening at the top or side of a volcano where lava and gas come out
- to collapse – to fall down
- Where is the volcanic eruption?
- Complete the sentence:
The eruption follows 53 000 …………………… in the region in the past month.
- What has been most dangerous for the sightseers?
a Bad weather
b Falling rocks
c Gas and stuff
- How long could the lava keep flowing?